"Is this some kind of joke?"
You might rightly ask. But no, it is not. Though of course we will treat this with all the irreverent and lighthearted silliness of a joke.
"Well what is it, then?"
To be honest, we're not quite sure yet ourselves. Here is what we want it to be:
- An Open Community: Where coding, development, new hardware, and all things tech meet with the large and ever-growing community of cannabis enthusiasts; a place to find the synergy of creativity and having a good time.
- An Educational Resource: A place for information exchange; a place where people who enjoy tech and toke can share ideas and thoughts. Think Stack Overflow or MSDN forums, but less stodgy.
- A Showcase For Projects: As this seedling of an idea grows into something larger, we want to use it as a platform to show our efforts and attempts at learning as we work on various projects. For example, we will use building this site and the things we learned as an easy, first case study in what we are learning and how we overcome various hurdles in making it what we want.
- A Platform for Awesome Minds: As time goes on and this site develops it's own identity, we hope to invite discussion and collaborations with other people who share the same passions, whether it be in tech or in cannabis culture. Ideally, this would involve interviews, discussions or even just the one-off riff with a whole range of talented and passionate people.
- A Place to Have Fun: Above all, we want this to be an enjoyable experience. We don't know exactly where this will lead, but we want it to be interesting, fun, and overall a pleasant experience. Laid back, as is the mentality of the stoner, but always passionate and dedicated to the project for it's own sake.
This is an incomplete list and very broad in scope, but it mostly captures what we are about. As time goes on and we discover our niche, our priorities will change. And as we open this community up to more feedback from potential fans and supporters, we will use that guidance and collective wisdom to help shape what we are to become.
Please check back. This simple placeholder site will be replaced with a more interactive layout in the near future. We look forward to what this project will become.
© 2021 Coding with Stoners.